As human-robot interaction continues to grow, so does the need for safe and efficient collaborative robotics. Collaborative robots, otherwise known as cobots, are a type of robot that can safely and effectively work alongside human workers in various industrial and manufacturing settings. Unlike conventional robots, which are typically caged and require certain safety measures to protect workers, cobots are specifically designed to safely interact with human workers and work in close proximity to them.
FANUC collaborative robots safely operate alongside human workers in a shared workspace. Unlike autonomous robots that must be properly guarded for safety and can only work on preprogrammed tasks, FANUC cobots are meant to work safely in collaboration with human operators. This allows for a more adaptable, secure, and flexible industrial work environment.
FANUC cobots can lift and position heavy components on machining and assembly lines, eliminating the risk of stress and repetitive strain injuries among human workers. The enhanced repeatability of FANUC collaborative robots reduces cycle times and improves overall product quality, making them a great addition to any assembly line operation.
FANUC Cobots Benefits
FANUC cobots offer a wide range of benefits, including:
- Improved efficiency. Cobots can autonomously perform hazardous and repetitive tasks, allowing human workers to carry out more complex, higher-value jobs. Additionally, cobots can work consistently without error or fatigue to ensure reduced production times and improved efficiency.
- Increased safety. Cobots reduce the amount of stress and strain on workers by completing physically demanding tasks, lowering the risk of workplace accidents.
- Flexibility. FANUC collaborative robots are very flexible and can be easily reprogrammed to carry out various tasks depending on your production requirements. This enables businesses to quickly adapt to fluctuations in demand and enhance overall efficiency.
- Lower initial investment. Compared to traditional industrial robots, cobots are typically more cost-effective, as they don’t require complicated installation or a specific infrastructure. This allows businesses to boost productivity and efficiency without making such a large initial investment.
- Improved quality. FANUC cobots result in improved product quality by enhancing accuracy and reducing the likelihood of human error. By working alongside human workers, cobots can help identify production problems and quickly fix them.
FANUC Cobots Applications
Industrial cobot applications have seen significant growth over recent years as various industries have realized their potential. The majority of collaborative robot implementations are found in industrial and manufacturing environments, but their flexibility allows them to be used across a wide range of sectors, ranging from medical and pharma to agriculture and more. Within these industries, FANUC cobots can be used for a range of applications, including but not limited to:
- AI vision inspection
- Vision-guided pick and place
- Arc welding
- Machine tending
- Presenting parts/fixtures to operators for assembly and inspection
- Material handling
Robotic System Integration From Big Sky Engineering
FANUC collaborative robots offer a range of benefits that make them a great addition to a variety of industrial and manufacturing environments. Integrating these robotic systems into your operations can increase efficiency, lower labor costs, improve product quality, and so much more. Because there are so many options available for robotic systems, it’s important to work with an expert robotic integration company to identify the best solution for your needs.
At Big Sky Engineering, our robotic integration solutions are tailored to meet your particular requirements. Our highly knowledgeable staff has over 25 years of experience in industrial automation and is ready to help you with a fully customized robotic system integration. We can ensure that your cobots are properly installed with safety and ergonomics in mind. To get started on your robotic integration solution, contact us or request a quote today.