Skip To Content

Lower Compressed Air Costs

Lower Compressed Air Costs


Air Costs
Air Costs

Compressed air has recently become a valuable power source for a growing number of applications. It is often referred to as the fourth utility after water, electricity, and gas. However, compressed air can be potentially expensive in specific applications. When used inappropriately, wastage is significant, and the medium itself can become inefficient.

Most high-speed cap sorting systems use pressurized air jets to push the caps to either reject them or move them along a conveyor. With most systems driven by compressed air, less than 20% of the input energy actually gets used, while the remaining 80% is wasted.

How CapTech Has Reduced Air and Energy Consumption

The first and most effective step to reducing compressed air energy costs is taking steps to minimize the amount of air consumed. CapTech has taken this principle and integrated it into the design of our high-speed cap sorting and lining systems. We have designed systems into our sorting and lining machines that eliminate the need for continual compressed air applications.

One of the primary cost-saving features of our cap lining system is the patented chaser bin mechanism. The chaser physically pushes the caps into and out of position using a clockwork mechanism. In conventional sorters, the caps are blown out of the lining position using large amounts of pressurized air.

The use of compressed air for this operation is not only wasteful, but it can also blow out the cap’s liner, leading to defective products. However, CapTech’s clockwork design uses patented mechanical fingers to kick the caps out of the lining position to be sent to the conveyor, removing any risk of the lining being accidentally removed.

Compressed air usage may also be minimized via our Cap Sorter. Instead of inefficient compressed air, this system utilizes twin vacuum conveyors powered by the intake of a high-efficiency centrifugal blower to sort caps. Overall, the blower-powered sorter produces an average of 80% energy cost savings in comparison to pressurized air systems.

Cost Savings

Open pipes and pipes with drilled holes are infamous for their lack of efficiency. Tens of thousands of dollars are wasted annually on compressed air delivered via inefficient delivery systems. Customers that use our high-speed cap sorting systems have benefited from a significant positive impact on the bottom line.

For example, air jets can cost close to $9,000 per year for each piece of equipment used. Even the most efficient conventional pressurized delivery system – the comb and fan nozzle – costs just below $3,000 per year, per apparatus. CapTech’s twin vacuum technology increases the delivery efficiency of pressurized air and saves our clients significant sums of money annually, ultimately paying for itself over time.

Learn More

CapTech’s high-speed cap sorting and lining systems utilize a combination of mechanical energy with twin vacuum conveyors to reduce the overall dependency on compressed air systems. If you would like to learn more about our state-of-the-art cap sorting and lining technology, please don’t hesitate to contact us. Our technical team is available to answer any questions you may have.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *